Aesop once said, “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
When it comes to volunteering your time to help others in need, an hour is valuable. Three hours are valuable. A once a week commitment is valuable.
Are you looking to get involved in serving your community? Homeland Hospice has various types of volunteer opportunities that are right for you.
“While we have many different types of volunteer opportunities, we are currently in need of those whose main interest is supporting patients and families, as well as administrative assistance duties,” stated Leanne Porterfield, Homeland Hospice Coordinator of Volunteers.
Patient and Family Support
- Visit patients to provide companionship and support
- Take a resident in a facility outside for a while to enjoy the sunshine
- Support the family by offering respite while they are away from home for brief periods
- Transport to appointments or help run errands
- Help with clerical tasks such as mailings, labels, filing
- Answer telephones
- Data entry
“There are also needs in other areas – bereavement, development, pet therapy and Veteran to Veteran,” added Porterfield. “So if you’d like to get connected, let us know. We would be happy to have you be a part of our team.”
If you are interested in sharing your time serving those at end-of-life in your community, contact Leanne at 717-409-8882 or LMurry@homelandhospice.org for more information. And in advance, thank you very much.