Personal and Skilled Nursing Care
Homeland Center, which occupies a full block in uptown Harrisburg, is a licensed not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community offering exceptional personal and skilled nursing care. Homeland consistently receives Medicare’s highest recognition for quality care, staffing, and safety – ranks it among the country’s best.
Personal Care at Homeland Center
Personal Care at Homeland Center is tailored to provide residents with the support they need to live an active and healthy life with as much independence as possible.
- 50 private suites, ranging from studio to two rooms, offer spacious layouts with full bathroom, kitchenette and generous closet space.
- At mealtimes, residents choose from a varied menu as they talk with friends in our warm and inviting dining room. Our culinary staff meets the needs of individuals who require therapeutic diets or have special requests.
- Our activities team hosts thoughtfully created activities to strengthen quality of life.
- Support is available around the clock.
- All suites have an emergency call system monitored by medical professionals.
Skilled Care at Homeland Center
Homeland Center’s Skilled Nursing Care services provide 24-hour expert nursing for residents requiring either short-term or long-term assistance.
- Private rooms and spacious semi-private accommodations are available furnished or unfurnished.
- All skilled beds are Medicare and Medicaid approved.
- For meals, each skilled nursing care unit has its own comfortable dining room, where residents choose from a varied menu or enjoy a therapeutic diet tailored to their specific needs.
- Under the direction of physicians, coordinated medical management services include:
- Medication administration
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Wound care
- Diagnostic studies
- Laboratory tests
- Social work services
- Therapeutic recreation
- Podiatry care
- Hearing evaluations
- Dental screenings
- Emergency ambulance transportation