Heroes for Hospice 5K Run / Walk
Runners and walkers of all ages – gather your family, friends and co-workers, and join us!
The HEROES for HOSPICE 5K is an annual fundraiser benefiting Homeland Hospice. All proceeds fund benevolent care for hospice patients and families.
City Island/Riverfront Park: The measured five kilometers (3.1 miles), relatively flat out and back course along the Susquehanna River will begin and end at the Walnut Street Bridge on City Island. Race Day parking FREE on the lots at City Island. All participants use the same course, which is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
Saturday, June 3, 2017
7:15 to 8:15 AM – Race day registration at Carousel Pavilion
8:30 AM – 5K begins
9:10 AM – 1-mile Fun Run/Walk around City Island begins (Costumes/props encouraged!)
9:30 AM – Awards presentation at Carousel Pavilion
HOW to REGISTER:
Register by May 23 for just $25 ensures receiving your custom 5K tee-shirt.
You can register 2 ways:
1. Complete and mail registration form and enclose a $25 check made out to Homeland Hospice.
2. Online registration is available via parunners.com through noon on May 31, 2017 (nominal service fee applies).
The fee for entries postmarked/received online after May 23 and on Race Day is $30; tee-shirts available while they last. Race day registrations welcome!
Be an extra special hero! Collect donations for sponsorship of $100 or more and run for FREE in memory or honor of your hero! Register/pay per the instructions above but also download a sponsorship form to bring Race Day along with all monies/checks (payable to Homeland Hospice). Participants obtaining at least $100 in sponsors will have their registration fee refunded.
Professional chip timing by Integrity Sports. Race results posted on www.parunners.com
– Medals and $100 awards will be presented to Overall Male and Female Champions.
– Medals presented to top three (3) Male and three (3) Female finishers in each of the following age brackets: 14 and under, 15-19 years, 20-29 years, 30-39 years, 40- 49 years, 50-59 years, 60-69 years, 70 and over.
– Prize also presented for “Most Heroic” look at the Fun Run/Walk!